DreamForge is Closed to Submissions
Stories submitted after 12 am 8/31/19 will be returned without comment.
We have hundreds of stories in the queue to review, and we expect that to take 4-6 weeks. At that time we should have our line up for Issues #4 and #5 complete. Unless we find we have a specific gap to fill, the next submission period will be sometime in the first quarter of 2020. Thank you all!
How to Submit to DreamForge Magazine (When we’re accepting submissions)
We use a cloud-based portal to which you upload your stories for consideration.
The Short Version:
If you like to jump ahead and figure things out; it’s not that hard:
- Go here: https://dreamforge.mywebportal.app/login
- Login (if you have an account) or click New Account or Subscription (if you don’t).
- Visit My Profile in the menu and select Upload a Submission in the options on the left.
- Click New Submissions, fill out the next screen, upload your story file, and click Submit.
- You can check your Profile for the status of your story as it goes from Received to Under Review, Under Consideration, Returned, etc.
That’s about it. if something seems confusing or you are the type that appreciates detailed instructions, we have some below, with screenshots. You may refer to them as needed:
The Long Version:
ONE: Visit the DreamForge Web Portal and Login
- If you are a DreamForge Subscriber or created a Free Registration earlier, just login using your email address and password when you visit our DreamForge Portal Login Screen.
- If you do not have an account, select Need an Account? and create one.
TWO: Register with DreamForge
- This step is necessary only if you are new to DreamForge and DO NOT already have a login.
- Create your login and click submit.
THREE: Welcome to the Portal
- This is the screen you arrive at whenever you login with a Free Registration.
- Your Free Registration does give you access to some stories and articles not yet available to the public.
- Note that you have a My Profile option in the menu. Select My Profile to continue.
Four: You have a Personal Dashboard
- You can upload an Avatar or your Picture if you like.
- Magazine Purchases, Favorites Stories, Articles, and Earned Badges show up here.
- Note that you can Upload a Submission.
Five: A Special Page to Keep Track of Your Stories
- This page looks a little repetitive, but, as we’ll see, it keeps track of all your story submissions.
- FIRST, review our Submission Guidelines, then go ahead and make a New Submission.
Six: Story Details
- This is where you write (or copy & paste) your Cover Letter.
- Enter your Story Title and Select a Category and Type.
- Enter the Story’s Word Count (NO commas).
- Click to Upload your story. (Make sure to follow the formatting instructions below this image.)
Seven: Your Story Tracking Page Shows Your First Submission
- Your Story Tracking page now shows your first submission.
- The Story’s status is updated here. If it is under consideration, returned, or accepted, you’ll see it here.
- We also notify you via email of any final status on your story.
- As you submit more stories over time, you’ll see them all in your Dashboard.
Eight: A Few Final Notes
- If you run into trouble, you’ll notice that your Profile also has a selection called Submit a Ticket. That’s how you can let us know if you have a question or concern. A real live staff member will get back to you.
- The best way to learn what any magazine wants is to read what they are publishing. Your free registration gives you access to a selection of our stories. Take advantage of it.
- For the fullest sense of what we are about, consider an Online Subscription. An annual online subscription is only $19.99, or you can pay monthly at $2.25, which is certainly worth it to give yourself the best chance of understanding us by reading us. Just login to your Portal and choose the Fire Tender subscription!
- Would you like to be on our Writers’ e-News list and be made aware of our reading periods, other reading periods we hear about, and in general hear about news of interest we come across? If so, send a request to be included on the mailing list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can click any image on this page, or the following link, to visit our DreamForge Portal Login.
And Best of Luck to You!
By Outer Space