DreamForge will PAUSE its current submissions period on 5/24/19
Here’s the thing: you overwhelmed us! We’ll soon reach 1,000 submissions and we’re falling behind.
- If you’re working on a story for DreamForge, you can still submit it, but now you’ll have a little more time.
- Between May 25 and July 31st, we’re going to concentrate on reading and responding to our backlog.
- On August 1, we’ll open up again for 5 weeks to accommodate everyone who wanted to get a story in during this reading period.
If you submit through our portal during the pause (after 5/24/19), that’s fine; just know we won’t even start to look at those stories until 8/1/19. (Our original plan was to be open for submissions through June 30th, but due to the large number of submissions, we are falling behind in our ability to respond. We will still be open for the same length of time this year, just with a pause to allow us to catch up.)
Also to help in this situation, we are recruiting additional First Line Readers. If you have an interest; email the Editor-in-Chief at Scot.Noel@DreamForgeMagazine.com. We will be posting requirements and more information by the end of the month. (You can also email Scot with any questions about your submission while we work to catch up.)
Space and Time Magazine is
Opening for Submissions!
Our friends at Space and Time Magazine are opening for submissions soon. To quote editor and publisher Angela Yuriko Smith: “Poets and prosers get ready! Space and Time magazine’s fall issue #134 will be open for submissions starting June 1 for two weeks.” https://www.spaceandtimemagazine.net/home.html
Back to How to Submit to DreamForge Magazine
DreamForge Magazine uses a cloud-based portal to which you upload your stories for consideration.
The Short Version:
If you like to jump ahead and figure things out; it’s not that hard:
- Go here: https://dreamforge.mywebportal.app/login
- Login (if you have an account) or click Need an Account? (if you don’t).
- Visit My Profile in the menu and select Upload a Submission in the options on the left.
- Click New Submissions, fill out the next screen, upload your story file, and click Submit.
That’s about it. if something seems confusing or you are the type that appreciates detailed instructions, we have some below, with screenshots. You may refer to them as needed:
The Long Version:
ONE: Visit the DreamForge Web Portal and Login
- If you are a DreamForge Subscriber or created a Free Registration earlier, just login using your email address and password when you visit our DreamForge Portal Login Screen.
- If you do not have an account, select Need an Account? and create one.
TWO: Register with DreamForge
- This step is necessary only if you are new to DreamForge and DO NOT already have a login.
- Create your login and click submit.
THREE: Welcome to the Portal
- This is the screen you arrive at whenever you login with a Free Registration.
- Your Free Registration does give you access to some stories and articles not yet available to the public.
- Note that you have a My Profile option in the menu. Select My Profile to continue.
Four: You have a Personal Dashboard
- You can upload an Avatar or your Picture if you like.
- Magazine Purchases, Favorites Stories, Articles, and Earned Badges show up here.
- Note that you can Upload a Submission.
Five: A Special Page to Keep Track of Your Stories
- This page looks a little repetitive, but, as we’ll see, it keeps track of all your story submissions.
- FIRST, review our Submission Guidelines, then go ahead and make a New Submission.
Six: Story Details
- This is where you write (or copy & paste) your Cover Letter.
- Enter your Story Title and Select a Category and Type.
- Enter the Story’s Word Count (NO commas).
- Click to Upload your story. (Make sure to follow the formatting instructions below this image.)
Your story must be submitted in Word or RTF format.
Top of the Page
- Title of Story (centered)
- Your By Line (centered)
- No other personal information
- Font: Arial, Size 12; Double spaced
- Indented paragraphs; No extra line break between paragraphs
- Section breaks, as needed, should be three ### symbols, centered on the page.
- In the document Header, include Last Name/Title/Page #
- When you SAVE your file, name it in the following way: FirstName-LastName-Story-Title
- Example: Scot-Noel-Spell-of-Flight.doc (or .docx,.rtf). Please, no PDF files.
Seven: Your Story Tracking Page Shows Your First Submission
- Your Story Tracking page now shows your first submission.
- The Story’s status is updated here. If it is under consideration, returned, or accepted, you’ll see it here.
- We also notify you via email of any final status on your story.
- As you submit more stories over time, you’ll see them all in your Dashboard.
Eight: A Few Final Notes
- If you run into trouble, you’ll notice that your Profile also has a selection called Submit a Ticket. That’s how you can let us know if you have a question or concern. A real live staff member will get back to you.
- The best way to learn what any magazine wants is to read what they are publishing. Your free registration gives you access to a selection of our stories. Take advantage of it.
- For the fullest sense of what we are about, consider an Online Subscription. An annual online subscription is only $19.99, or you can pay monthly at $2.25, which is certainly worth it to give yourself the best chance of understanding us by reading us. Just login to your Portal and choose the Fire Tender subscription!
- Would you like to be on our Writers’ e-News list and be made aware of our reading periods, other reading periods we hear about, and in general hear about news of interest we come across? If so, send a request to be included on the mailing list to email@example.com.
Remember, you can click any image on this page, or the following link, to visit our DreamForge Portal Login.
And Best of Luck to You!
By Outer Space